Sunday, August 5, 2012

My First Oil Painting

A sample from my gallery of oil paintings. This was my first attempt with this media. Done during my freshman year at Cal State Fullerton. I attended CSUF on a full ride scholarship for Track & Field, Cross Country, as well as through the Fine Art program. Many argued that I should have attended art school upon graduation from El Toro High School, however, my true passion at the time was running. Having just come off a stellar senior year where I had set school records in the Mile (1600 meters) and 4x400 relay, I wanted to explore where else my talents on the track and trail would take me. Unfortunately, due to excessive running on the concrete roads that surrounded Cal State Fullerton, my knees only lasted one season of cross country as a Titan. Two years and two knee surgeries later I was still unsuccessful in my attempt to return to competitive running. However, during this time off I was able to hone in on my other talent which was art. As you can see here in this painting, my heart was still on the trails...
This original limited print is available for purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment